Terms & Conditions
Touch-Needs Ltd Terms & Conditions
For all applicable products, the UK 20% VAT rate is included in the purchase price. For international customers the 20% VAT rate is removed from the relevant products at the checkout, if both the billing and shipping address are outside of the EU.
Credit/Debit Card Payments
All payments are subject to validation checks and where required, authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment refuses to authorise, we have the right to cancel the order.
Official Purchase Orders
We adhere to a strict 30 days credit terms (from date of shipment) for all official purchase orders. A monthly 2% surcharge is added to all orders outstanding beyond this period.
Credit terms are not available for all orders outside of the UK.
We aim to hold all products in stock, however should an item be more popular than we expected, there might be occasional delays in delivery. If this does occur then, if we are unable to ship your order within 3 working days, we will contact you about the delay, giving you the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.â€¨
We will do everything possible to ensure your complete order is shipped promptly (if all items are in stock) and that delivery arrives within 72 hours (3 working days) of shipment. However, we can not accept responsibility for late deliveries
Cancellation & Returns Policy
The terms and conditions of sale detailed below are provided for your information, in line with legislation contained in Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. This legislation covers items bought where there is no direct contact between the supplier and the consumer. It does not apply where goods are bought for business use, from showrooms, fairs or exhibitions:
(If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before we dispatch. Please contact our office via our telephone number 0800 999 2772. We will need your name and address and web order number or purchase order number (if applicable) to cancel your order.)
- All returns/cancellations must be approved before or after dispatch
- When returning the item please include a copy of your original sales invoice.
- Goods returned without supporting documentation will not be considered and maybe refused.
- Carriage charges will not be refunded unless the item(s) is found to be faulty or to have a manufacturing defect.
- We do not refund customers incurred expenses.
Return of Goods (not damaged or defective)
- Distance Selling regulations allow for a cooling off period of 7 days from receipt of goods covered under the legislation. Customers may return specified goods without reason within this period for a refund. This excludes:
- Goods made to the consumer's specifications (e.g the Touch-Needs 100cm demonstration doll or any other bespoke product).
- Goods intended for everyday consumption.
- Goods returned must be complete, unused and, if applicable, unopened; in their original packaging and in a resalable new condition. If the goods are not in a re-saleable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund, or deduct up to 20% of the purchase price from the refunded amount.
- The cost of returning and appropriately insuring the goods until satisfactory receipt at the designated return address will be borne entirely by the customer. If required, the company offers a collection service at a charge of £18 per parcel (up to a maximum of 20kg) from addresses on Mainland UK or the Isle of Wight. For collection from other locations / countries please call for a quote.
NB It is important that you contact us before returning goods. If returned to our head office in Staffordshire (address on invoice) there will be a delay with the refund/exchange, as all returned items must be processed by quality control at our warehouse in Essex. The cost of retrieving the order from the head office will be deducted from any refund due.
If a refund is required
We will refund you the price you paid minus the original delivery charge. Refunds will be issued within 28 days of receipt of the returned goods.
We will apply the refund in line with your original payment method (e.g. back to Paypal).
NB It is important that you contact us before returning goods. If returned to our head office in Staffordshire (address on invoice) there will be a delay with the refund, as all returned items must be processed by quality control at our warehouse in Essex. The cost of retrieving the order from the head office will be deducted from any refund due.
If an exchange of goods is required
- After safe receipt of the returned item, we will despatch an alternative product of your choice.
- If the replacement is more expensive the balance of the price together with the delivery will be payable prior to despatch to you.
- If the replacement product is less expensive we will refund you the difference less the delivery charge.
- Special offers; it is not always possible to exchange goods which were originally purchased as a "Special Offer" for the same price as the offer. Some items may have been selected as a special offer because of manufacturer availability or under restricted colour or size conditions.
Damaged / Missing Goods
All your goods should arrive in perfect condition, however, if you do receive any items that appear to be faulty or damaged, we must be advised within 72 hours of delivery. This applies to any items that may appear to be missing, unless stated on the invoice that the item is currently out of stock and will follow shortly.
NB If you do not plan to use some/all of the products straightaway, we advise customers to check all goods are present and that all of them have been received in perfect condition and working order immediately on receipt of delivery.
Return of Goods (if faulty, damaged, or not of satisfactory quality)
- If you wish to return goods which you believe are damaged or faulty, please contact us to discuss the best way to return them to us. If the item is heavy or large we can arrange a courier collection for you.
- Upon receipt we will investigate your claim within 5 working days.
- If the fault is obvious and inherent we will process the refund, repair or exchange at our discretion within 7 days
- If the fault is not obvious or disputed we may invite the manufacturers to test or inspect the product on your behalf. This process can take up to 6 weeks depending on the fault and availability of the manufacturers to conduct their investigations.
Goods which are found to be damaged or faulty, we will either:
- Issue a refund on your purchase including all return delivery cost, or
- Send you a replacement and refund you the cost of returning the product, or
- Have the product repaired, return it to you and refund you for your cost of returning the product to us.
- In the event that the product does not have a fault or damage due to faulty manufacturing, but has been misused or sustained damage after purchase; or is subject to normal wear and tear, we will contact you to discuss whether you wish the goods to be returned or repaired, if a repair is feasible. In these circumstances both the cost of repair and return of the goods to you would be at your expense.
- In the event that the damage to the goods has been contributed to by you or the goods have been in your possession for more than 28 days, we may consider giving you a partial refund for the goods, but this would be entirely at our discretion.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the specifications on this website are correct at the time of going to print. However, technical data, including colour, dimensions and weights serve only as a guide.
The utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of all our sizes, weights and measurements, but these dimensions are approximate. No guarantee is given or implied that goods will conform in absolute detail to the description or illustrations published.
Printing & Pricing Errors
Prices found through search engines may not be accurate as they may include items from previous promotions or older seasons (cached versions). The search provided through our own website search facility will be correct and accurate. However, in the event a product is listed at a wrong price due to a typographical (human) error or incorrect pricing information received from our suppliers, we have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed prior to a contract being made. We will, of course, inform you at the earliest possible time.
All new products carry a standard 12 month guarantee (not relevant to Massage Oils, which are subject to an expiry date).
Should any fault arise within the first 12 months of ownership due to faulty materials or workmanship, we will, at our discretion, take necessary steps to repair the defect or replace the item. This does not apply to faults/damage caused by weather or water damage, accident, neglect, excessive wear & tear or misuse, for which there will be no repair or exchange.
The guarantee will be deemed invalid if goods have not been treated in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions (where relevant) and/or have been altered or modified.
NB The durability of the design and structure specifications of the 60cm, 3 - 4 month size water dolls (DD-60-3/4-Aq) make it a good demonstration tool for teaching Aqua-Baby classes. However, as we are unable to control the water environment the water dolls are subjected to during swimming classes (with chemical levels varying from pool to pool), we are unable to take responsibility for premature disintegration of this product (or any of the dolls) and once submerged in water the 12 month guarantee does not apply.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
All details can be found on our contact us page