Compliance and responsibility:
We, Touch-Needs Ltd, are bound by applicable data protection laws in respect of the handling and collection of your personal data. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under the registration number Z6027397.
Touch-Needs Ltd is an incorporated company, registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 04104206.
Touch-Needs Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Our trading names are: Touch-Needs, Touch-Needs Worldwide, Pauline's Perfect Packing. We operate the websites www.touchneeds.com and www.paulinesperfectpacking.com.
- Our registered address is: The Old Coach House, Horse Fair, Rugeley. Staffordshire. WS15 2EL. United Kingdom.
- Our accounts office is: 12 Juniper Road, Boreham. Essex. CM3 3DB. United Kingdom.
- Our customer care offices are: 12 Juniper Road, Boreham. Essex. CM3 3DB. United Kingdom and 21 Burton Terrace, Uttoxeter. Staffordshire. ST14 7AD. United Kingdom.
- Our warehouse is: Unit 660, Skyline 120. Braintree. Essex. CM77 7AA. United Kingdom.
Regarding our website:
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Card payments and purchases:
Touch-Needs Ltd is PCI compliant, in accordance with these regulations we do not store debit or credit card details on site, neither do we retain your debit or credit card via secure third-party merchant providers.
Touch-Needs Ltd will adhere to the Data Protection Act by:
- Observing the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Specify the purposes for which the information is used to meet legal obligations
- Only collect and process appropriate information to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs and/or to comply with legal requirements
- Ensuring we have the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal information
- Ensuring the quality of information we use
- Ensuring we do not hold the information any longer than necessary
- Ensuring the rights of people for whom the information is held under the Act
- Not transferring personal information without suitable safeguards being in place
Touch-Needs Ltd staff's responsibility:
Touch-Needs Ltd staff must ensure that they adhere to legislation surrounding data protection.
All Touch-Needs Ltd staff, who have access to customer's personal details, are subject to an identity check before any information is disclosed.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All Touch-Needs Ltd staff and consultants are responsible for ensuring:
- Data security is maintained by protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data
- Personal information is not disclosed orally, in writing via email or any other web pages or by any other means to any unauthorised third party
Personal data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully, it will not be processed unless the legal conditions, as set out in the legislation, are met.
- Be obtained for a specified, limited, appropriate and lawful purpose, it will not be processed if incompatible for that intended purpose
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up-to-date
- Kept for no longer than necessary
- Handled according to the data protection legislation
- Kept safe and secure away from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction
The data we collect about you:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect and internally use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, your staff or your business, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Contact Data includes business address, billing address, shipping address(es), email address(es) and telephone number(s).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your login data
- Profile Data includes your username and password; purchases and orders made by you.
Your personal details will not be used for marketing purposes (we promote special offers via our website and FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/demonstrationdolls/). We will not share your information with a third party without your express consent.
If you fail to provide personal data, where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our products or services). In this case, we may have to suspend or cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect your personal data:
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Profile Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, online platform or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- set up your account and / or purchase any of our products or services
- sign up to become a customer or sign up as a customer on behalf of an organisation or corporate entity
- meet with one of our members of staff to discuss our products and services or otherwise contact us. If you contact us by telephone, this conversation may be recorded but you will be informed about this at the beginning of the call
- request information to be sent to you
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Take and fulfil customers orders
- Administer and enhance the service we offer and our website
- Only disclose information (specifically name, address and phone number) to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Identity, Contact and Transactional Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as relevant websites.
How we use your personal data:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Consent means where we have obtained your agreement to process your personal data. Consent must be freely given, specific, informed and be an unambiguous indication of your wishes for us to process your personal data (this may be collected by you ticking a box). Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending marketing material to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Disclosure of your personal data:
We may have to share your personal data with the following parties:
- PayPal - who provide an online payment system for us to take payments from you.
- GPUK LLP trading as Global Payments â€“ who provide an online and virtual terminal payment system for us to take payments from you.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Right to request access to data:
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are detailed below:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data (as a data subject) to you or to a third party. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us directly. Request can be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). The first request for information will be free of charge; any further request will be charged at £10 per request in order to cover the administrative cost of providing the information. We will endeavour to respond within one month.
Monitoring and review
Updated policy date: May 17th 2018.
This policy and its procedures will be reviewed regularly for improvements as part of our quality assurance requirements. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time to ensure relevance and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In using the Touch Needs website you agree to the collection and use of information as outlined in this policy.
Advice and guidance
If you have any questions about the way we use your data, please get in touch and one of our team will be happy to help: email@example.com
Further advice and guidance can be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).